Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bartoszyce

For those who do not know where I am from, I suggest visiting www.maps.google.com and typing in 'Bartoszyce' into the search field. There will come up my hometown, which for you is a place only, and for me is a way more than a place itself.

13 kms from the Russian border. Lots of illegal cigarrets and vodka, cheaper petrol. Lots of affluent people. Yet, there is the other side. Even more of destitute people. But this is not I am going to talk about. I 'd rather say something about the Bartoszyce that I see through my eyes. (take notice of the words say and tell, they do not sound the same but they mean the same; not like bow and bough - Monty Python. I really recommend some of scatches of theirs).


First of all, I wish to point out to the differences between the two words: home - house. My house is the very building where I was, sort of, brought up. My house is a part of my home, but not the opposite.

My home is all where I feel secure, my town is one of these places.

Bartoszyce is a town that gives me a sort of shelter. Lot's of nodding accquaittances. If you have a problem, there is always someone to turn to.

In my town, there are some special people, my family, mummy and daddy :-). My brothers moved out some long time ago. With my father, I often go angling. Nice thing to do, btw, there are lots of lakes and a river so you can enjoy yourself if you are a fishing fan.

OK, it's 9:44 PM. The right time to go on with the description.

It's really difficuly to verbalise the notion of my hometown, the one that I see trough my eyes. It's a bunch of feelings and emotiones that are attached to it and there seem to be no way of getting them across in writing. I'll try.

When I think of my hometown, I can see my girlfriend. Whenever I am home we meet.

To be continued, I have to read linguistic stuff.

5 comments:

Emilia said...

Where the hell do you get such vocabulary from??? I would like to use such as well.

k.t said...

It's easy. I try to activate my passive vocabulary in any way I can. Btw, my dictionary is always on. I know I am a freak, but I check any word that I think I should know, but I don't.

AgataL said...

You - fishing? I'm amazed :) This is exactly why I like the blogging project so much: I find out a lot of surprising things about you people. As far as your home town is concerned, your description has made me feel like going there some day. I can imagine how happy you feel when you get there :)

k.t said...

Yes, I go fishing :-). I have to change the time zone, the hours displayed are out of the blue.

basia said...

I can imagine how you feel when you go home - I used to feel this way when my boyfriend was in Wrocław. See U :) Btw, I like your post :)