Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday awakening

Shhh... the eyelids open up and the mortal daylight inevitably comes inside. What's the time? The right hand fell down to the floor, circled around twice and reached the mobile. It's not that late, 7:43. How come I feel so good? I get up with a rapid movement and feel the world reel in my head. 'I must have drunk something yesterday'. Yes.. probably yes.., and maybe this is why I feel this horrible, so much physical desire for a glass of water. Something is striving to tell me that I boiled some water ahead of going to bed. I won't believe in this until I can see it with my own eyes. How strange is this? I do not believe my own eyes. They saw the kettle yesterday, didn't they?. Were they the same eyes? There it is, waiting for me, waiting to be drunk, to flow into the depths of my alcohol dried throat. Sensation of life coming back to my body.

2 comments:

Monika said...

What a fantastic impressionistic description! :D

Betty said...

Kris I am really amazed by your talent:) maybe you should become a writer if teaching does not match your expectation :)