Monday, March 9, 2009

My readings.

Now that I have some free time I've taken up reading books. I read Paul Auster's 'City of glass', a story, which I do not fully understand but find nevertheless interesting and intriguing.

As you may have seen, I've been carrying a book, whose cover is bizarre pink. It's The Shadow of the Sun by Ryszard Kapuściński. I saw it in Empik some time ago and there was no way of escaping it - I had to buy it. It's an amazing translation of "Heban". I don't know why the title was not translated literally. There is a word for 'heban' in English - 'ebony'.

For those who are not yet familiar with Kapuścinski's reportages I recommend his works. He was genius in my opinion.

1 comment:

hannah.bundle said...

Lucky U! I would borrow it from U but I have no idea when I would cram it in my dayly schedule. It seems that in this semester we've got PLENTY of time. Nothing more delusive. It's not that I'm sitting at my desk and scribbling my BA paper all the time; it's on the contrary:/
Anyway, congrats, waiting for ur next recommendations:D